AIRDRIVE TRANSFERS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE AND PRIVACY NOTICE (GDPR)
AIRDRIVE TRANSFERS TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
BY BROWSING THIS WEBSITE, USERS ACCEPT OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE.
The terms “AirDrive Transfers”, “the company”, “we”, “us”, and “our” when used in these terms and conditions of hire mean AirDrive Transfers and its associated companies, agents and subsidiaries. The terms “you”, “your”, “yours”, “the client”, “the hirer” and “passenger” when used in these terms and conditions of hire mean any user of this website. This website may contain links to external websites maintained by other organisations as part of our service. These links are provided for your information only and we do not endorse the views expressed within such external websites.
AirDrive Transfers do not exercise any control of any kind over the content of externally provided websites and we do not accept responsibility for them or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The entire content on our website www.air-drive.co.uk based web pages is copyright with all rights reserved and remain the property of AirDrive Transfers. Information supplied on our website is for guidance only and does not in any part form a contract between us or constitute an offer by us or a representation on which reliance is intended to be placed, and may be subject to change without notice. Reasonable effort has been made to ensure we provide accurate and current information. We accept no responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website. By using this website you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to accept and will comply with these terms and conditions.
No warranty shall be given that this website and/or the service shall be available on an uninterrupted basis, and no liability shall be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of such non-availability. We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of anticipated revenue (direct or indirect) or any consequential or indirect loss. You agree that information or material accessed or downloaded through our web pages are carried out entirely at your own risk. Use of any information obtained from the internet is entirely at your own risk. Only images may be downloaded from this website if only for personal use and not for reproduction. AirDrive Transfers and our agents accept no liability for any losses or damages (whether direct or indirect) arising from your use of this website or your reliance on information contained on this site, except that which is unlawful to exclude.
We reserve the right to make changes to our terms and conditions and website without prior notice. However, we give no warranty as to the accuracy or currency of the information on this website. AirDrive Transfers cannot be held responsible for any missed connections due to traffic congestion, adverse weather or other delays.
1. CONTRACT PRICE/QUOTATION
Contract price/quotation shall be in GBP (UK Sterling). Your quotation is subject to availability and shall be valid for 7 days and the contract price/quotation is based on the duties outlined by the client and will remain unchanged unless alterations are made by you to the journey itinerary after the reservation has been made. Any such variants shall be charged to you accordingly as shown on this page (below) “6. Bookings and Amendments”. With exception, our wedding rates (see tariff page) and all wedding related quotations are shown as inclusive, no service charge is included and gratuities are at the discretion of the client and form no part of our pricing. All invoices are issued in GBP (UK Sterling) only. We are under no obligation to carry out any transfer whether or not your order has been confirmed.
Quotations are subject to availability and based on the requirements outlined by you. An hourly rate is available – chargeable for a minimum of 1 hour hire and each additional hour (or part thereof) thereafter. Our “Day Hire” rate means any period of up to 8 continuous hours with up to a total of 120 miles of travel. Transfers commencing during the hours of 23:00 and 06:00 hours may be subject to an “unsocial hours” levy (15% rise). An additional charge may be levied for transfers carried out between the 24th December and 2nd January. Quotations are only valid until generated and may differ the next time generated as prices change frequently depending on service demand. Airport quotations if ‘Meet & Greet’ is selected are included with relevant parking charge and of up to 1/2 hour (30 minutes) for return journeys (Airport or Seaport Pick Ups). Additional journeys or duties requested on the day, will be charged at our current hourly rate or part thereof.
3. PAYMENT POLICY
To secure your booking, AirDrive Transfers requires FULL TRANSFER DETAILS at the time of reservation. Your booking cannot be confirmed until FULL TRANSFER DETAILS have been received. To eliminate fraudulent transactions, we ask that new/first time customers pay our Fee by the online payment platforms provided or in Cash on the day (up to £50) to the designated driver. Card Payment transactions must be completed ONE week prior to your travel date. Should you fail to settle within this timescale, we shall cancel your booking. There is an additional 3% Card Administration Fee to be applied when making payment by phone through our Stripe payment platform. In Car Card Transactions an additional 3% Card Handling Surcharge to be applied on completion of the Journey. All card details are security shredded and deleted from our system. We do not retain or store any card details. For your convenience, payment can also be made by PayPal or Bank Transfer. PayPal Invoices (Corporate only) will incur an additional 5% Card Administration Fee. In Car Card Payment will incur an additional 3% Card Handling Fee for Personal and Corporate bookings/reservations.
AirDrive Transfers offer account facilities on Contractual Terms only. Any Account facilities for new companies, as of September 2018, Account Facilities are no longer available for those unless agreed on Contractual Terms only by an AirDrive Manager, ALL Services provided by AirDrive Transfers must be paid IN FULL at the time of Reservation/Booking when booked online for new Company/Corporate related purposes.
The services offered on our website are an invitation to order transfer services…it is not an offer to provide our services at the listed price nor is it binding on us. Additional costs incurred on the journey (including parking > 30 minutes) shall be charged to the client named on the contract at cost. Should any penalties be issued to our drivers/vehicles as a result of your instructions – you will be invoiced accordingly.
6. BOOKINGS AND AMENDMENTS
By placing an order, the hirer agrees that they are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and that you are a minimum 18 years of age. Terms and conditions of contract shall commence on the date we accept your booking. The “commencement date” and, subject to earlier termination or cancellation as described in these terms and conditions shall continue to be in force for the term agreed at time of booking. Please ensure that accurate details are provided as any subsequent change(s) after your confirmation are not always possible due to other commitments. Written notice must be given for all amendments to the company as soon as possible. All bookings require a minimum 24 hours notice and can be made up to 26 weeks in advance. We send invoices/receipts electronically by email after booking confirmation. Paper copies of your invoices/receipts are available by request.
Any notice given by you must be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. WAITING TIME
Waiting charges are charged at £20 per hour, £5 for every 15 minutes or at 40 pence per minute. For non-airport collections the first 3 minutes of waiting time is included in the contract price, thereafter, shall be charged at our current hourly rate or part thereof. For airport arrivals the first 30 minutes from flight landing is included in the ‘Meet & Greet’ contract price, thereafter, shall be charged at our current hourly rate or part thereof.
9. GRACE PERIOD
We make every effort to be at any of your pick up points at any agreed time, we may however, encounter a situation where road traffic conditions are out of our control and you may experience a delay. We include in our schedule(s) a period of up to 30 minutes grace.
10. NO-SHOW POLICY
Should you fail to arrive at your designated location for which a reservation has been made, then all monies paid, shall be non-refundable.
11. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We may at any time cancel the order, whether during initial term or otherwise. We may at our sole discretion cancel the service booked by you in the event that you fail to pay the agreed amount prior to commencement of service or if any details submitted by you are found not to be or cease to be valid. Cancellation of orders made however shall be without prejudice to any rights or liabilities accrued at the date of cancellation. Should you wish to cancel your confirmed booking, you must advise the company either by email or by calling our office +44 (0)1793 234477 as soon as possible. Any bookings cancelled by you 48 hours prior of travel will incur a charge of 20% from the total of the Booking Amount. Any booking cancelled by you within 48 hours of travel will forfeit the Full 100% of the Booking Amount.
12. FORCE MAJEURE
The company shall not be in breach of the agreement, nor liable for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations under this agreement arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond it’s reasonable control, including but not limited to any of the following: war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and the consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, extreme or adverse weather conditions, failure in information technology or telecommunications services or failure of a third party. The company shall not pay to you any compensation if your travel arrangements require to be cancelled or change in any way as a result of mechanical failures, unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
UK legislation states that while travelling, all passengers must ensure seat belts are correctly engaged. It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure their own personal seat belt is properly secured whilst vehicle is in motion. In addition to the terms detailed in this page (above) “12. Force Majeure”, the company does not accept responsibility for delays caused by road traffic incidents or other traffic conditions, theft or damage of any item belonging to any of the passengers traveling in our vehicles or vehicles of our agents/suppliers. Any passenger leaving possessions or items in our vehicles or vehicles of our agents/suppliers, does so at their own risk.
14. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Any person who is not a party to this contract is not entitled to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts Act 1999. (Rights of Third Parties)
15. OFFICE HOURS
Office Hours: 09.00 – 17.00 hours (Monday – Saturday) 09.00 – 16.00 hours (Sunday) 365 days of the year. We are open over the Xmas and New Year Festive Period. Additional Rates Apply
Legislation states that all passengers must engage seat belts. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure the child’s seat/harness is fitted and secured correctly. The parent/guardian is wholly responsible for the safety of the child/children at all times.
All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height. UK law states that taxis/private hire vehicles are exempt from legislation relating to children travelling in a baby/child seat or booster, more details of the legislation can be found at www.direct.gov.uk. For Health and Safety reasons AirDrive are unable to provide any form of child seat. However, if you are booking a return journey and have your own child seat, the driver who carries out your booking will store your child seat for the return journey, please note that the installation of the child seat must be carried out by you.
All luggage and property remains at all times your responsibility and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever. Your luggage is to be placed in the luggage compartment area by your Driver. Your Driver must agree to any item that you wish to carry in the vehicle with you. A reasonable amount of luggage is allowed, but luggage which, in the opinion of our driver amounts to an excessive weight or bulk will not be carried. It is the client’s responsibility when reserving their booking, to ensure vehicle requested has sufficient space and weight allowance to accommodate carriage of said luggage. We reserve the right to refuse to carry any luggage or part of luggage we deem unsuitable.
18. FLIGHT DELAYS
The company shall monitor your flight progress based on the information available and your driver shall amend their own arrival time accordingly. If however your flight arrival time is amended due to delays following the driver’s arrival at the airport, then additional waiting time shall be charged at our current hourly rate or part thereof. If, as a result of extreme delays or a missed flight your driver is required to return to the airport in order to collect the client, then this shall be at the convenience of AirDrive Transfers and deemed as a New Booking. The company is obliged to carry out other pre-booked reservations, and cannot cause hindrance or inconvenience to other clients as a result of flight delays. To ensure your driver is available for your re-scheduled arrival, please inform our office as soon as you become aware of any delay to your arrival time.
The direction of travel adopted is at your Drivers discretion and shall travel the best possible route to his/her knowledge, unless instructed otherwise by the client. Variations to the journey that involve additional time and/or mileage, will be subject to an additional charge. In the event of traffic congestion, your driver may amend the route if necessary to endeavour to deliver you to your destination on time. No allowance will be made to the hirer on the grounds that the route adopted is not necessarily the shortest. The company does not accept responsibility for any delays or missed appointment/travel arrangements. Your driver will drive at a speed deemed to be safe in his/her opinion and in accordance with the relevant road conditions and traffic at any particular time. Your Driver will stay within the required speed limit at all times. The hirer must not request or act in any way which contravenes or causes to contravene any part of the UK legislation which applies to the use of vehicles as applied under the road traffic act.
20. IN CAR WI-FI AND PHONE CHARGERS
Any connection facilitated through wired or wireless technology has significant privacy, security and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing the world-wide internet. The transmission and download of information or materials is entirely at your own risk and AirDrive Transfers and our agents accept no responsibility for any interception of transmissions, file corruption, loss of data, hacking and/or damage to your network or equipment through accessing this service. You are required to confirm your requirement of phone chargers or Wi-Fi at time of booking so as to ensure this is available to you. If for any reason this should prove not to be operational for any part, or all of your journey, then no compensation shall be offered, as this is a “complimentary” service offered by our company. Signal strength varies geographically and at any given time.
The consumption of alcohol is forbidden in all vehicles operated by AirDrive Transfers or vehicles of our agents/suppliers.
22. SMOKING POLICY
AirDrive Transfers maintain a strict no smoking policy in all our vehicles and also with the vehicles operated by our agents/suppliers.
23. CONVEYANCE OF ANIMALS
Assistance dogs are permitted in all vehicles operated by AirDrive Transfers and also the vehicles of our agents/suppliers. This must be declared at the time of reservation.
24. VEHICLE DOORS
Your driver is wholly responsible for the opening and closing of all passenger doors at all times and doors will only be opened when vehicle is stationary.
25. FITNESS TO TRAVEL
The driver has the right to refuse travel to any passenger(s) that appears to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance and whose behaviour poses a threat to other passengers. AirDrive Transfers will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse to any member of our staff or agents/suppliers. If this situation arises the Hire will be immediately terminated and no refund or compensation will be paid.
26. DISORDERLY BEHAVIOUR
The client named is responsible for the behaviour of all the passengers and informing them of the provisions of this agreement. They are responsible for ensuring that the party’s conduct does not threaten their own, the Driver’s or any other person’s safety. AirDrive Transfers and our agents, reserve the right to refuse travel to any person deemed to be a nuisance or danger to our passengers or employees, including where any passengers are carrying or using any illegal substances or weapons. If necessary, AirDrive Transfers and our agents may request the police to assist in removing any offenders from our vehicles. In these circumstances no refund will be issued and no compensation will be paid.
If any of our vehicles or vehicles belonging to our agents/suppliers are damaged or soiled as a result of passenger’s actions, we will fully charge the client named on the contract for the amount.
No alcohol will be allowed ‘ inside’ the vehicle at any time under any circumstances. All alcohol transported must be stowed in the exterior luggage compartment. Should the vehicle require valeting due to negligence or alcohol illness a charge will be made of a min £75.00 to cover the cost of cleaning and subsequent loss of earnings.
28. DRIVERS AND CARS
AirDrive Transfers endeavour to supply you with the vehicle group booked at all times. However, the company reserve the right to provide a similar vehicle if such vehicles are not available. While we endeavour to provide you with the same driver for the duration of hire, this may not always be possible, due to other duties that have already been confirmed for a specific driver.
Although vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims under British Law, Customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and the Company shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property. As AirDrive Transfers is an agent and your journey is undertaken by a sub-contracted driver working under the AirDrive Transfers name, any involvement regarding an accident will be covered by the drivers insurance and not the company’s.
30. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
We warrant that our services will be performed using reasonable care and skill. Our total liability to you shall not exceed the lesser of the price or money actually received from you for the services in respect of which a claim has been made and we shall have no liability to you for loss of profits, goodwill, reputation, business contracts, revenue, production, anticipated savings, nor from losses arising from third party claims which arise in connection with the services nor any other losses or expenses and we shall have no liability to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage costs or expenses including labour, or the hiring of a replacement vehicle.
If any provision of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, it shall be severed from the rest of these terms and conditions which shall remain unaffected. We may subcontract, assign or transfer our obligations or rights to a competent third party or to any associated company whether in whole or part. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations without our written consent. We accept no responsibility to agent or supplier claims on the number of passengers being carried in the vehicle. Any comments made by our agents, employees or suppliers will be classed as personal opinion and will not represent the views of the company. Vehicle hire allocated shall be based on the passenger information given by the hirer.
AirDrive Transfers aim to provide an exceptional level of service. If for any reason you are unhappy with an aspect of your journey or a member of our staff, the hirer should make their comments known to the driver at the time of the alleged incident, detailing the date and time, driver’s details and the nature of your complaint. The company will endeavour to rectify this matter immediately.
33. GOVERNING LAW
Our terms and conditions of hire are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England. Disputes arising in relation to this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR AIRDRIVE PRIVATE & CORPORATE TRANSFERS
1. IMPORTANT NOTICE
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing the information over the Internet, and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We collect personal information when you contact us via our Website (www.air-drive.co.uk), sign up to our mailing list or make an enquiry with us about our services. The purpose of collecting this information is to be able to provide a response to your query (be that a general enquiry, a reservation or any other query or question in relation to the services we offer and the general operation of the company), in a secure and timely way and, with your permission, to be able to send you occasional news and information about AirDrive Transfers. Any personal information we collect will be used by us strictly in accordance with current data protection legislation and this Privacy Notice. We will store the information we collect from you and hold it electronically or otherwise in a secure way. Without this information we may be unable to provide you with the services we offer or fulfil any contractual obligations we may have with you or answer your question about AirDrive.
2. AirDrive will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. AirDrive is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
3. We require to process data relevant to the business for the performance of a contract and without that necessary information we may not be able to provide our services.
1. By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for AirDrive to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
2. AirDrive will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. AirDrive is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs. 3. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, calling us on +44 (0)1793 234477, writing to us at the company headquarters or in relation to any mailing list, clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the bottom of any promotional email we send to you.
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
1. We may provide some of your personal data (never sensitive personal data) to our partners or associate companies where necessary for the provision of chauffeur services and associated tasks as requested by you. For example, if you or the data subject were travelling to Paris and required a chauffeur driven car in that city, we would engage one of our partners or associate companies on your behalf to ensure a seamless service is provided in that location. Such partner would require the travelling passenger’s name(s), arrival time, destination and any other relevant information relating to the service requested. Our basis for sharing this information is so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations.
2. Other than in accordance with 4.1 above AirDrive will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3. In the circumstances of the conditions laid out in 4.1, contractual obligations will, unless otherwise stated, always be with AirDrive and no information other than that relevant to the partner or associate company will be shared by AirDrive.
5. RETENTION PERIOD
1. AirDrive will process personal data in line with its Retention and Disposal Schedule, details of which can be obtained from the General Manager or one of the Company Partners.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
1. Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
2. Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
4. Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
5. Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
6. Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
8. Right to judicial review: in the event that AirDrive Transfers refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 7 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
1. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by AirDrive, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the ICO and/or AirDrive General Manager or Company Partners.